About Acivico Approved Inspectors
Acivico Approved Inspectors are corporately approved by the Construction Industry Council (CICAIR) to act as providers of Building Control and Building Regulation Consultancy Services. We are based centrally in Birmingham and can offer services across the whole of England from our modern city centre offices.
We have a tight-knit, approachable team of highly professional directly employed consultants based in Birmingham, qualified by either the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), Chartered Association of Building Engineers (CABE), Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) and Institute of Fire Engineers (IFE). All our consultants can call upon a vast amount of experience gained both within the private and public sectors.
Our proactive service can be provided across all sectors and our specialist experience includes high-rise residential and residential student accommodation, major retail and commercial developments, health care and hospitals, education (both schools and universities), industrial and large logistics projects together with Ministry of Defence and HM custodial developments.
We are founded on the principles that our purpose is to assist clients to achieve compliance with the building regulations and to deliver this in a collaborative and proactive manner. We aim to offer a professional service with transparent procedures providing clients with value for money.
Approved Inspector Services
Acivico Approved Inspectors have proven experience in Building Regulations consultancy and service provision to developers, architects and contractors, and can be called upon to give development advice at all stages from pre-application feasibility, detailed design and construction all aligning with the RIBA Plan of Work.
Key Features of our Service Delivery – Design Stage:
- Preliminary advice on all aspects of the design concerning Building Regulations, including the provision of an initial Building Regulations compliance report or tracker document
- Attendance at design meetings including site meetings if required
- Submission of Section 47 Notice to the relevant Local Authority
- Consultation with the local Fire Service and local Water Authority
- Post submission, Building Regulation design advice throughout the life of the project
- Structural check by our own Acivico Engineers
- Full Building Regulation assessment of plans
- Issue of Plan Certificate when appropriate
Key Features of our Service Delivery – Construction Stage:
- Agreed site inspections (foundations, below ground drainage, dpc, fire safety elements etc.)
- Copies of site notes to be sent to the contractor and nominated design team member after each inspection
- Inspection of work which, in the opinion of Acivico, constitute unusual designs or methods of construction
- Inspection of work relating to fire safety
- Inspection of any type of work, construction, equipment, or material which could, if not verified, cause defects which would, in the opinion of Acivico, be seriously detrimental to the fundamental purposes of the Building Regulations and the client
- Suitable inspections at commissioning stage of mechanical and electrical installations
- Final sign off when appropriate and issue of a Final Certificate
Safeguarding the Impartiality of Building Control Bodies
Acivico Traded Services Limited are committed to following the guidance published by the Building Control Alliance relating to the independence of Approved Inspectors. Regulation 9 of the AI Approved Inspector Regulations titled Independence of approved inspectors sets out that ‘Approved Inspectors shall have no professional or financial interest in the work they supervise’. This Regulation is intended to address the potential for conflict of interest occurring during the building control approval process. The underlying principle of the building control process being an independent third party check is paramount.
You may download a copy of this guidance note here.
Industry Guidance and Technical Information
Construction Industry Council Approved Inspector Register:
Building Control Alliance:
Chartered Association of Building Engineers (CABE):
AAI Notification of Dutyholder Form
Notification of dutyholders – Regulation 16D.—(1) This applies where, in relation to any building work, the client appoints a principal contractor (or sole contractor) or a principal designer (or sole or lead designer). Different requirements apply to Domestic Clients – See the form for details.
AAI Notification of Completion by the Client
Where building work described in an initial notice is completed the client must give Acivico Approved Inspectors a notice including the details requested in the form.
Principal Contractor Completion Statement
Where building work described in an initial notice is completed a statement must be given by each principal contractor (or sole contractor) for the work, signed by the person to which the declaration relates, which includes the details requested in the form.
Principal Designer Completion Statement
Where building work described in an initial notice is completed a statement must be given by each principal designer (or sole or lead designer) for the work, signed by the person to which the declaration relates, which includes the details requested in the form.
Part R Standard Form
A model form template for developers to provide information to accompany each application for Building Regulations approval containing sections for information that developers are required to provide, including the particulars of connection to a public electronic communications network, and sections for developers to provide further information to assist with the building control process.
Regulation 38 Statement
Contact Acivico Approved Inspectors
Telephone: 0121 303 6074
PO Box 17212,
10 Woodcock Street, Birmingham,
West Midlands, B7 4BL
Alternatively, fill out the Contact Us form below and remember to state Acivico Approved Inspectors in your notes.
Contact Acivico Approved Inspectors
At Acivico Approved Inspectors we aim to continually improve our service. To help us achieve this we would welcome your valuable feedback. If you would like to help us our survey is quick and easy to complete with only four questions please click here.