About Acivico Approved Inspectors
Acivico Approved Inspectors are corporately approved by the Construction Industry Council (CICAIR) to act as providers of Building Control and Building Regulation Consultancy Services. We are based centrally in Birmingham and can offer services across the whole of England from our modern city centre offices.
We have a tight-knit, approachable team of highly professional directly employed consultants based in Birmingham, qualified by either the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), Chartered Association of Building Engineers (CABE), Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) and Institute of Fire Engineers (IFE). All our consultants can call upon a vast amount of experience gained both within the private and public sectors.
Our proactive service can be provided across all sectors and our specialist experience includes high-rise residential and residential student accommodation, major retail and commercial developments, health care and hospitals, education (both schools and universities), industrial and large logistics projects together with Ministry of Defence and HM custodial developments.
We are founded on the principles that our purpose is to assist clients to achieve compliance with the building regulations and to deliver this in a collaborative and proactive manner. We aim to offer a professional service with transparent procedures providing clients with value for money.
Approved Inspector Services
Acivico Approved Inspectors have proven experience in Building Regulations consultancy and service provision to developers, architects and contractors, and can be called upon to give development advice at all stages from pre-application feasibility, detailed design and construction all aligning with the RIBA Plan of Work.
Key Features of our Service Delivery – Design Stage:
- Preliminary advice on all aspects of the design concerning Building Regulations, including the provision of an initial Building Regulations compliance report or tracker document
- Attendance at design meetings including site meetings if required
- Submission of Section 47 Notice to the relevant Local Authority
- Consultation with the local Fire Service and local Water Authority
- Post submission, Building Regulation design advice throughout the life of the project
- Structural check by our own Acivico Engineers
- Full Building Regulation assessment of plans
- Issue of Plan Certificate when appropriate
Key Features of our Service Delivery – Construction Stage:
- Agreed site inspections (foundations, below ground drainage, dpc, fire safety elements etc.)
- Copies of site notes to be sent to the contractor and nominated design team member after each inspection
- Inspection of work which, in the opinion of Acivico, constitute unusual designs or methods of construction
- Inspection of work relating to fire safety
- Inspection of any type of work, construction, equipment, or material which could, if not verified, cause defects which would, in the opinion of Acivico, be seriously detrimental to the fundamental purposes of the Building Regulations and the client
- Suitable inspections at commissioning stage of mechanical and electrical installations
- Final sign off when appropriate and issue of a Final Certificate
Safeguarding the Impartiality of Building Control Bodies
Acivico Traded Services Limited are committed to following the guidance published by the Building Control Alliance relating to the independence of Approved Inspectors. Regulation 9 of the AI Approved Inspector Regulations titled Independence of approved inspectors sets out that ‘Approved Inspectors shall have no professional or financial interest in the work they supervise’. This Regulation is intended to address the potential for conflict of interest occurring during the building control approval process. The underlying principle of the building control process being an independent third party check is paramount.
You may download a copy of this guidance note here.
Industry Guidance and Technical Information
Construction Industry Council Approved Inspector Register:
Building Control Alliance:
Chartered Association of Building Engineers (CABE):
Appointment of Acivico Approved Inspectors - Appoint Us
You can apply to Acivico Approved Inspectors at any stage in the design process and early consultation is encouraged. If you are about to commence work on-site we ask that we have 10 working days before the building work starts. This allows us to submit the statutory notice required for us to undertake the building control function on your project. Our applications are valid for three years before any work has to start on site.
If you require a fee proposal this can be provided upon request, we can even provide the quote after the submission of our Initial Notice if time is important. You can request a fee proposal by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Acivico Approved Inspectors offer services to clients who propose to undertake building work outside of Birmingham City boundaries. To allow us to proceed with your instructions you will need to complete our form. Our appointment process is online, is easy to use and all the associated documents can be attached for submission at the same time. For those using Acivico Approved Inspectors for the first time, you will need to quickly register but this is easy and straightforward.
After the submission of the appointment, we will submit the Initial Notice immediately.
Using our submission portal provides you with many additional features such as an Approved Inspectors client account, a project documents folder and no limit on submitted file size. We therefore recommend this service, alternatively, you can appoint us by simply completing the form provided at the following link Approved Inspector Appointment Form and email it (with associated documents) to email@example.com.
For projects within Birmingham city boundaries, building control services are offered by Acivico via our LABC services and a statutory application is made to the city. Please use the main menu to transfer to our Acivico Building Consultancy webpage or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will sort this for you.
Contact Acivico Approved Inspectors
Telephone: 0121 303 6074
PO Box 17212
10 Woodcock Street