GIVING NOTICE OF BUILDING WORK TO BIRMINGHAM CITY COUNCIL
Acivico (Building Consultancy) Ltd, is a wholly owned company of Birmingham City Council and is its Agent in processing building regulations and associated matters.
Unfortunately, we are unable to accept a Building Notice in the following circumstances and would require a ‘Full Plans’ application which would require a little more information. A. Where a new building or extension is within 3 meters of a public sewer. B. The building to which the work relates is of a Commercial nature. C. the work involves construction fronting onto a private street
- The fee tables outline our standard charges.
- Prices includes vat at 20%
- The ‘Estimated Cost’ is the full cost of the work must base upon a reasonable market rate. VAT and anyprofessional fees, i.e., Architect, Engineer, Land Acquisition costs may be discounted from this calculation. In addition, decorative finishes, floor coverings and fittings, which are not subject to Building Regulation, can therefore be excluded from the estimate.
- Where a charge category asks for measurements these are internal metric floor areas. Where more than one storey is involved the combined floor area should be used for charge calculation purposes.
- If more than one element of work has been carried out, then it may be that more than one charge is payable, e.g. a loft conversion and a single storey kitchen extension
- The information supplied on this form may be shared with relevant parties within Birmingham City Council along with organisations charged with detection and prevention of fraud.
- Acivico (Building Consultancy) Ltd, is a wholly owned company of Birmingham City Council.
- Company Registration No: 07918763
If you require an inspection, we have several options available to you:
- Use our online inspection request form https://acivicogroup.co.uk/services/building-regulations/
- Email us your inspection request to email@example.com
- Call 0121 2743464
- Try the LABC inspection app https://www.labc.co.uk/homeowners/book-site-inspection
- We can usually accommodate most requests received by 3:30pm for the following day and we will confirm the inspection booking. Unfortunately, we can’t provide a time slot, but we will try to meet your needs and most inspections are carried out between 9:30am and 3:30pm.
- We are also able to offer ‘remote’ inspections in many cases and we may ask if you want to accommodate that by using video on site and walking the project through with a surveyor. We can provide time slots for these inspections.
Unfortunately, we are unable to accept a Building Notice in the following circumstances and would require a ‘Full Plans’ application which would require a little more information.
- Where a new building or extension is within 3 meters of a public sewer.
We will check this when registering the application and you can also check before making the application here https://www.digdat.co.uk/ or by contacting Severn Trent Water Ltd, or
- The building to which the work relates is of a Commercial nature, (non-domestic), or
- The work involves the construction of a new building fronting onto a private street.
The charging scheme.
- If your work falls into one of the above categories [A-I] this must be used. Reference to [J] above should onlybe made where the work is outside the scope of [A-I] above.
- Where more than one storey is involved the combined internal floor area should be used to calculate the fee.
- Where different elements of work are shown upon the plans it may be that more than one charge is payable.
- The council may assist in paying the building regulation application fees in some circumstances. For example,a WC or shower designed to meet the needs of a person with a disability, where that is shown to be for the benefit of a person, and where it will help them to continue to live in their dwelling. Please contact us if you would like further information about fee exemption.
- The Building Notice Fee is a single payment payable at the time of deposit and is not refundable once work commences on site.
- Where a Building Notice is not commenced on site and withdrawn, we will refund the fee after deducting any administration charges and any other costs we have incurred, such as structural checking.
The information provided on this form to Acivico (Building Consultancy) Limited will be processed strictly in connection with your application in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and will not be used for any other purpose.
Please Contact Us
We will endeavour to respond to you within 2 working days