WHAT HAPPENS NEXT
- You will receive an acknowledgment and inspection framework by return. This will provide you with your Application Number (please quote this on any future correspondence) along with contact details.
- Your plans will be assessed by one of our surveyors who will provide advice and guidance if necessary, to help ensure the work meets the required standards. Once satisfied, an Approval Notice is issued, often with conditions that can be dealt with on-site or cleared as work progresses.
- Building work will be inspected on-site and once satisfied we will issue a Completion certificate.
You don’t have to wait for the plans to be approved before you start work, but we may ask for changes you weren’t expecting. To book an inspection, we have several options available to you:
- Use our online inspection request form here
- Email us your inspection request to email@example.com
- We may be able to offer ‘virtual’ inspections in some cases and we may ask if you want to accommodate that by using video on-site and walking the project through with a surveyor. We can provide time slots for these inspections.
NOTES TO THE CHARGING SCHEME
- If your work falls into one of the above categories [A-I] this must be used. Reference to [J] above should only be made where the work is outside the scope of [A-I] above.
- Where more than one storey is involved the combined internal floor area should be used to calculate the fee.
- Where different elements of work are shown upon the plans it may be that more than one charge is payable.
- The council may assist in paying the building regulation application fees in some circumstances. For example, a WC or shower designed to meet the needs of a person with a disability, where that is shown to be for the benefit of a person, and where it will help them to continue to live in their dwelling. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like further information about fee exemption.
- The Plan Fee is a single payment payable at the time of deposit and is not refundable.
- The Inspection fee is a single payment for the inspection service. If work does not start this fee will be refunded.
- In rare circumstances where projects require additional time relating to plan check/site inspections/etc we may require additional payment to cover our time.
- Building Consultancy operate under The Building (Local Authority Charges) Regulations 2010.